We may earn a commission if you make a purchase from links on this page.
Software update for Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro
On the Google Pixel update page, Google writes: “The software update for Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro will begin rolling out to devices on January 14. This update includes all fixes listed below as well as all fixes for Pixel 6 and Pixel 6. Pro in the December 2021 update release. The update will be available for all devices during the next week, but the exact timing may vary depending on your carrier and country.
The Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro are arguably the best Pixel models of all time
So let’s go back and look again at the problems you can fix on your Pixel 2021 handsets:
- Fixed an issue causing the Pixel 6/6 Pro screen to unlock after a missed call when no screen lock is set.
Network & Telephony
- Improvements to data connectivity on certain networks and conditions.
- Fixed an issue preventing the use of the call screen feature when the phone is used on certain wireless carriers.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Pixel 6/6 Pro users with the Microsoft Team app installed from making emergency calls.
To be able to
- Fixed an issue preventing the Pixel Stand setup from starting updated apps under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue causing higher battery usage in the background under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue that displayed either too much data usage or too little data usage in the network menu for some carriers.
- Fixed an issue causing the device to restart under certain conditions after installing an OTA software update.
- Fixed an issue causing a black frame to appear when removing the wizard overlay on the lock screen.
- Fixed an issue that under certain conditions caused a memory leak in the System UI.
- Fixed an issue causing the navigation bar to be hidden when switching from landscape to portrait and vice versa under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue causing the PIP window to render incorrectly for some applications.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Wi-Fi network to lose connectivity under certain conditions.
- The update, which weighed just 215MB, can be installed on your Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro by going to Settings > System > System update.
In our previous story about owning the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro, we said that if you want either phone, don’t leave fears about the fingerprint scanner and battery life. the battery prevent you from buying one or the other model.